One Gift, a Lifetime Investment
Let us help you tailor your charitable gift to your financial, tax or estate planning objectives
Donor Advised Fund
Are you looking for a way to benefit CDC Foundation both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A donor advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. You can also use a DAF to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to the CDC Foundation and other charities during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Benefits of a donor advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How a donor advised fund works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF with a sponsoring organization.
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF or you may donate the remaining assets to your favorite charities.
More on donor advised funds
A donor advised fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. The start-up time and cost are minimal for DAFs, and gifts to DAFs are generally deductible at fair market value. A DAF is also not subject to the distribution requirements and certain excise taxes faced by private foundations.
If you have any questions about donor advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.